Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Things I'm into right now

My blogging friend, Athena, has a regular post called "Things I'm loving lately." I really like the concept, so I am adopting it and calling it "Things I'm into right now." Is that different enough? Well, here we go:

1. Grocery shopping in the morning
  I have made it part of my routine to go grocery shopping every Tuesday morning when Market Basket opens at 7 AM. I do this seemingly crazy thing for a few reasons. One, if you shop at Market Basket, you understand how CRAZY it can be at any other convenient time - weeknights, any time on weekends, etc. Two, Bret and I used to shop together during the weekend and it always seemed like such a CHORE. Trying to figure out when we would fit it in, making the list, and dealing with the crowds was always stressful. Finally, Tuesdays is the one day that I work 9-5 and go to the gym in the evening, so I have ALL that time in the morning to play with (most people would wonder why I don't just sleep in, but if you're a morning person you understand).

2. Softsoap strawberry smoother body wash
 It just smells so yummy and really gets me in the mood for summer!

3. Customer service at Mass Tire and Auto in Canton and Herb Chambers Toyota in Boston
It's always hard to come by good customer service. Today I realized I had a flat tire and of course I was many miles from home in Canton, MA. My tire wasn't COMPLETELY flat, so I was hoping I could get some air in there and call Herb Chambers tomorrow. I stopped at Mass Tire and Auto to see if I could buy or borrow a tire pressure gauge to check it (I've been meaning to buy one). The guy just gave me one for free - totally awesome! Especially since I wasn't even a paying customer there. Then, when I couldn't get a pressure reading, I realized it was probably flat and I needed to put on the spare. Since I of course haven't learned how to do that yet, I called Herb Chambers free roadside assistance who was very helpful over the phone. They sent someone over and they were there in about half an hour. I then called Herb Chambers to make an appointment to come in and get the tire fixed/replaced, and they told me they could probably fit me in that night. Once I got there, I was pleased with their waiting room considering I just wanted to go home. I got to have some hot chocolate:




And I got to sit in these comfy seats that recline a little bit! They were cool, trust me.
I first called roadside assistance around 3:30 and I was out of herb chambers with my tire fixed by 5:40. Not too shabby when you consider I couldn't go over 50 the whole way home.

4. This guy
 My boyfriend, Bret, came home right after work (skipping the gym) to take care of Lily (our pup) since I was stranded with a flat tire. He was also the one who encouraged me to add tire and wheel protection to my toyota care plan - so then I didn't have to pay anything to get it fixed today! Also, he's generally pretty awesome.

5. Good savings at CVS
 I spent $37.06 and saved $37.39. This would have been a lot more impressive had I not bought the Edy's slow-churned and ben and jerry's ice creams which cost $6.29 each! These were a last minute treat that I felt Bret and I deserved after the flat tire mishap.

6. Herbal Essences touchably smooth shampoo and conditioner
 This is different from the one I normally get for curly hair, but it smells awesome, and the smell actually stays in my hair all day! I love that.

What are you loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment