Monday, August 10, 2015

Life.
Death.

They consume my thoughts, especially lately. The circle of life - the one thing we all have in common. We come into the world the same way - and we all eventually leave it.

Baby number 2 on the way.

Sudden heart attack, unexpected. Devastating. Too young.

Congrats on the birth of your beautiful boy!

Grandma passed peacefully surrounded by her loving family.

Baby doesn’t want to come out, so we might be induced!

Another young death hits the town of Auburn. Too young. Too many. Too much.

Maybe it’s selfish, but all I can think through all of this is what can I do? What can I do to help? What can I do in my life to be a champion for the living? How can I live so that people understand there’s hope, humanity, and a damn good reason to be here as long as possible?

We all have (some) control over this one life. I don’t know exactly where I’m going, or how I’ll get there, but I am going to try my hardest to soak it up, hold it in, and then give as much of it away as I can. I want to be a champion for the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment