Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Becoming a shopaholic

One of the more negative changes I've made recently is that I've become more of a shopper. I have pretty much never been into shopping, especially for clothes. Most of my wardrobe has been purchased by my mom and sister for birthdays and holidays. Recently, I've realized I'm an adult who makes money and I should probably go out and buy things for myself if I need to. Bret and I recently went to TJ Maxx and spent a bunch of money on both of us, but I bought like 4 dresses because I'm going to a lot of weddings this summer. Today I went to the mall to buy a present and was suddenly compelled to buy myself some things. I decided I 'needed' new sneakers, a new bra, and some new bathing suits haha. Here are some pics:



I can't wait to try those new sneaks at 6 AM tomorrow for a Michael Jackson themed Circuit Training class! Woo! Side note: I showed some restraint by not looking around further at Reebok and leaving the Ann Taylor Loft store when I got overwhelmed by the amount of things I wanted.

Have you bought anything for yourself recently?

4 comments:

  1. I know you don't want to be enabled, but I support all the shopping choices you have pictured above. ESPECIALLY the sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you work hard and deserve to buy yourself nice things, especially exercise equipment that encourages a healthy lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bathing suit!! Now you're all set for this weekend. ;) I've recently gone on a shopping spree, and unlike you, I was unable to hold back in Anne Taylor Loft. New dresses, black mini pants and an awesome top on sale from Anthro all found their way into my closet yesterday afternoon. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am like you and don't really shop for myself often. But this spring I went on a huge rampage and got rid of SO MANY clothes that I never wear anymore, then panicked that I had nothing to wear. So I've done many TJ Maxx, Old Navy, and Ann Taylor sprees in recent weeks. However, I also just totaled the amount of money I spent in Colorado and I will be picking through a few items to return! hahah I'm a closet returnaholic!

    ReplyDelete